I found this rough receipe in a book and mixed a few things up with it and it turned out really tasty so thought to share it.
2 duck breasts, skin on
[You can get these from Makro – its around £6 for 2, or £11 for 4]
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
Marinade the Duck
Pour all marinade ingredients into a bowl and mix. Pour the mixture into a sealable bag and add the duck. Seal the bag, place in fridge and marinade for as long as possible, however 20 minutes is fine (apparently) – I did it the night before so close to 20 hours.
1. Heat the oven to Gas mark 6 (200’C).
2. Heat a pan over a high heat.
3. Remove duck from marinade and pat dry.
4. Place duck in pan skin down and cook for about 1 minute and turn over and cook until other side is golden brown.
5. Place on an oven tray and cook in oven for 15 to 20 minutes
It turned out so tasty, and I encourage you to try it 🙂